Entry and Selection Process
To be eligible for entry the artist must provide a completed entry form, digital photographs of the artwork, curriculum vitae, artist statement and an entry fee of $50. Entries must be received by close of business Wednesday March 31st 2012.
There is no limit on the number of entries per artist, but each sculpture must have an individual application form and entry fee.
All sculpture must be the artists own original work.
All sculpture must be free standing with demonstrated stability. Sculptures produced in a vertical format are strongly encouraged due to the allocated placements at the venue/s.
Selection of finalists will be based solely on the information provided by the artist on the entry form and necessary attachments.
Approximately thirty sculptures will be selected for exhibition.
The decision of the Selection Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Selected artists will be notified in writing or by telephone by Tuesday March 6th 2012.
MSP Selection Panel
- James Makin - Director James Makin Gallery
- Nigel Messenger - Executive Director ARTPark Australia
- Tamsin Roberts - Director, ART Melbourne 2012
MSP Judging Panel
- Andrew Rogers - Prominent Australian and International Sculptor
- Sam Sangster - Chief Executive Officer Places Victoria
* The Melbourne Sculpture Prize is promoted by Australian Art Services Pty Ltd and is not associated with the Melbourne Prize for Urban Sculpture or the Melbourne Prize Trust.